Monday, May 1, 2017

Lousy week!

Heller!

Well our most progressing Investigator, Diana Murphy, passed away unexpectedly this week. She didn't answer the phone or her door when we went over for our appointment. Later that day we were biking down her street and all the cop cars were outside. It was pretty sad and we were bummed. Our knowledge of the Plan of Salvation helped us a lot though!! We know she is in the spirit world and is so happy! I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to get to know her and share the gospel with her. There is no doubt in my mind that she will accept it in the spirit world. 
R.I.P. Diana Murphy!

I can't tell you how many times we got in disputations with people about what Jesus's skin color is. All I can say is it was too much, I was angry, told I didn't know squat, testimony was harshly rejected, Oh apparently I am not sensitive either. All I know is Jesus is the Christ. I am trying to proclaim his Gospel to God's Children. It has nothing to do with "White Supremacy". Like I said...it was a lousy week.

This week we got a new investigator named Chris! His dad actually moved out of our ward the beginning of this transfer and so we met him. We met him at the Library and he looked so familiar and then we figured it out. He said he wanted to be baptized and study the Book of Mormon and we were excited! Well, his roommate kicked him out of the apartment so he has been kind of homeless now. Everything is just so weird. We thought maybe he just wanted help from the church and we were so stressed about it because we didn't know what to do at all!! Well, we sat down with him and told him the church will help whether he is meeting with us or not. He said he wanted to study regardless of if he receives help or not and Elder Shira and I both felt he was sincere and the spirit was there for the first time in like 3 lessons with him! We set a baptismal date for May 27th. Now he didn't show up at church and missed his appointment so not sure what is going on...stay tuned.

We also have a lady named Amanda that we are going to be teaching soon. She is just moving into the area so we have to give her time to settle in but she is so cool! She said she use to be Athiest until she came to our church.

I was on an exchange with Elder Ball this week and it was so fun! First, we got on the bus to go to the City. Well for whatever reason the bus wasn't going to the City at that ONE TIME during the day. So we rode the bus in a circle of Edmond and it was a waste of time. We tried to see a bunch of people and everything was just so weird. We ended up in an area and felt like we shouldn't go where we were going so we stopped for like 15 minutes thinking of where to go and we went to a different investigators house in the area. We said well this is weird parking in front of their house so we pulled around the corner. As we walked to the investigator's house we saw this lady and she was very emotional. We went and talked to her forever!!! Her name is Cathy and she is so cool! We shared God's love with her, cried with her, and promised her blessings through the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was so spiritual and without a doubt where we were supposed to be. At the end she was saying "Look I am not even crying anymore!" As we walked away we looked at each other and felt so successful! It was definitely and experience I needed for such a lousy week!

I am so thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. My faith has grown tremendously throughout my mission and it carries me through the good and bad times. I am also thankful for Elder Shira because he still works hard even when it gets tough! This week best be better!!

Love Elder Brisk ðŸ˜˜



 I long boarded for my first time and didn't die!



Sister William's mom sent us Candy AND custom made JIMMY shirts!!
 Ask me about the Jimmy story when I get home. It's hilarious!



Being a missionary is stressful, especially when it's cold and raining all week!








No comments:

Post a Comment