Monday, October 3, 2016

Staying in Vernon, but new address

HELLER!

Due to the recent Bed Bug issue we have moved. Here is my new address:

2100 Center Dr. Apt. 512
Vernon, TX 76384

Transfer Calls came last night and I will be staying in Vernon and my new companion will be Elder Davis. Elder Clarke is getting Transferred to Woodward, OK. He will be in the same district as the Alva missionaries and I am so jealous he will be up there!! I am going to miss him so much!

They are putting Elders back in Altus with the Sisters this transfer. I will be getting Elder Terry, who I roomed with in the MTC, and he will be training! I am so excited for this next transfer!

This week we didn't to anything to exciting. We were able to get moved into our new apartment but we are currently sleeping without beds but should be getting new beds this week sometime.

David and his wife Krystal came to church with their 4 kids, Devontae, Demetrius, Nikiya, and Kaleeyah to watch conference with us. I know they felt the spirit so strong and they truly loved being there. It was a little difficult for the kids but they all sat still and were quiet. I love this family so much! They are still on date for November 5th!

I hope everyone had the opportunity to watch General Conference this weekend!! We are so blessed to have living Prophets and Apostles that give us guidance from Heaven. Whether you were able to watch it or not I would invite you to go back and Study the conference talks. Starting with those that stood out the most to you. Elder Hales said the most revelation comes from after the conference is over.

I really liked Elder M. Russell Ballard's talk "To Whom shall we go"

"If any one of you is faltering in your faith, I ask you the same question that Peter asked: "To whom shall you go?" If you choose to become inactive or to leave the restored Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, where will you go? What will you do?

This is truly Christ's church. Nowhere else will you find the fullness of the Gospel and the blessings that are available to us.

"Before you make that spiritually perilous choice to leave, I encourage you to stop and think carefully before giving up whatever it was that brought you to your testimony of the restored Church of Jesus Christ in the first place. Stop and think about what you have felt here and why you felt it. Think about the times when the Holy Ghost has borne witness to you of eternal truth..."

Think of the times the Holy Ghost has influenced your life! We all have experiences and we all have a testimony. We just have to find it to be able to build it. If you can't recall a time when the Holy Ghost has influenced your life then what are you doing that needs to change for the Holy Ghost to be with you?

I love the promise that Elder Ballard gave us..

"He will never abandon his church, and he will never abandon any one of us."

We are all Son's and Daughter's of a loving Heavenly Father. He loves YOU and wants you to return to live with him in celestial glory. I know that this church is true. I know God loves us and he has provided the way for us to return to live with him. I am so thankful to be a member of this church and for the blessings my Heavenly Father has given me.

Love Elder Brisk

That is all.


We found a turtle in Seymour!!!







We had dinner at a members house in Seymour
 where Elder Clarke tried Pumpkin pie for the FIRST TIME and he LOVED IT!! 
This is how the Wilden's eat whip cream at their house!!


Conference all by ourselves


Our new apartment!!

                             It has 2 bathrooms and the mirrors actually work for a 6'4 human being!!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment