Monday, October 31, 2016

My testimony, I will share it with all who will listen to the divine message I carry.

HELLER!

Happy Halloween!!

This week we have been trying to find more opportunities to do service because all these dang Texans are to prideful to accept our message that will bless their life. We go to the library and help them straighten out books and make sure everything is in the right place and a lot of people go to the library so we get to be seen doing good around the community! It will definitely soften the people's hearts.

We were helping out at the USSV (foodbank) and all the volunteer's are pretty old so they were amazed how we did everything they asked us to so fast so they made us take a break and eat some cake. Then when we were leaving this really cool guy named Joe gave us each $20 to go to lunch and then invited us to the Methodist church (across the street from ours) and join them in eating ribs. The money is a bonus but the miracle is that people are trusting us :)

We found a guy named Floyd Richardson. He is so cool! He started talking to us about how he likes talking to us because we have a discussion and when the Jehovah Witnesses come around he can't get away from them! ðŸ˜‚ We haven't been able to have a sit down lesson with him but he keeps asking us for pamphlets and little things like that. We went by one day and he just peeked out the window and never answered the door.... He is kind of a strange fellow! I guess we will see what happens with him this week.

Tom Smith came to church!! He hasn't been to church since he got baptized in April and he was so surprised that everyone was so nice to him. He thought people would be mad that he hadn't come forever. It was such a miracle to see him at church!!

Robert Gomez is on a roll! He is getting ready to go to the temple next week. Robert has made such a change in his life. Once upon a time he wouldn't let his wife have anything to do with the church. Now he is baptized, received the priesthood and is going to the temple! Sister Gomez is still in shock about the baptism and she told him to slow down and wait for her!! I love them so much!!

There is a member who comes to the church when she is home from college and she always brings her boyfriend of 4 years with her. Last week they brought her boyfriends mom, sister and her little boy. It was such a good sacrament meeting! Well this week just the mom and sister, Stephanie and Paula, came because they liked it so much last week....What the heck!? That doesn't just happen out here?? MIRACLES!! They said we can come by any time and that they will even feed us dinner! They look like members when they are at church too. It's crazy!!

This week we had a special fast for some missionaries in our zone. Fasting brings so many blessings. Especially when you are able to unite with so many people for a missionary. I am so glad that I was able to organize this fast for us. It brought so many blessings to members of our zone.

It is so important that we gain a testimony in The Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Satan is busy and we are going to face opposition everyday. The stronger our faith/testimony gets the stronger the opposition will be. Do you know REALLY know this church is true? Have you prayed about it for yourself? Studied the Book of Mormon and teachings of the Prophet and Apostles? I guarantee that you will come to know of it's truthfulness if you will seek the truth with sincerity and real intent.

I know that Joseph Smith saw God the father and his son, Jesus Christ. He was willing to do all the Father asked of him and that is why he was chosen to be a Prophet of God. I know Joseph Smith restored Christ's church and gospel to the earth along with the Book of Mormon. I know Joseph Smith was God's prophet. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. The Heaven's are open and we can receive all the blessings our Father has for us. I know this church is true. I know that Jesus Christ is the son of God, our Savior and Redeemer of the world. I know He was sent by a loving Heavenly Father to redeem all mankind from their sins. I have a testimony of his divine mission, of His suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, of His death and crucifixion on the cross, and of His Resurrection. I love my Savior with all my heart. I love wearing his name everyday and taking His gospel to all the world. I know our Heavenly Father loves us and will answer our prayers. This is my testimony, I will share it with all who will listen to the divine message I carry. This humble testimony I leave with you in the name of our Savior, our Redeemer, the Father's only begotten son, Jesus Christ, Amen.

💙 Elder Brisk💙

That is all.

Chili Cook-off Judges


 The Hogs out here are HUGE!!


 Leaves are changing colors and a random morning of fog means Fall is here!


 Crop dusters are so cool!!!


 Our pet spider who lives in our window


 I have to wear a extra t shirt and pajama pants under my suit 
when we go to church in Seymour because they like it so cold in there!!! 
You literally walk outside and start de-thawing.


 P-Day at the airport!! ❤🛩

No comments:

Post a Comment