Monday, April 3, 2017

Elder Shira has been a huge blessing in my life!

HELLER Y'ALL

You better all of watched conference, if not repent and go do it! My favorite talk was Elder Uchtdorf's talk in the Priesthood Session about Leadership. Elder Shira says Uchtdorf is my favorite just because he is a pilot and while that may play a key factor I have to say he is definitely my favorite. His talks always stick out to me for some reason!?

Elder Shira and I have been working so hard! I don't know how many times we have specifically planned to give him time to unpack and that still hasn't happened. Maybe someday he can get fully settled in! We have been knocking a lot of doors and biking around but it has been super fun!

We were knocking doors and both were worn out from 2 days of conference. Elder Shira had an impression that we needed to keep knocking doors and we both felt inspired to knock on this specific door. The lady was super friendly and invited us right in! We joined this bible study and it was kind of weird because the guy was answering for everyone. After everyone left we bore our testimonies to them and left. Nothing really happened but we followed the spirit and we both felt it as we shared our testimonies.

On our way home right after that it started raining pretty bad and we were getting soaked! We were still a good couple miles away from our apartment and all of a sudden Elder Shira goes "Should we find shelter? Hey lets go talk to her!" and runs up to this lady to ask if we can use her porch and I was still on my bike trying to figure out what just happened. We ended up talking to Jacquelyn Chaney for a little while! She was crying and amazed at our love for God. We said we were an answer to her prayer and felt so at peace with what we were sharing. We testified that we are representatives of Jesus Christ and left her with a Book of Mormon. It was a very spiritual moment and we are going to stop by next Sunday to see her and her husband Mitch. The rain stopped too!!...for a minute and then it started raining again but we both were working so hard having so much fun we just slowly rode home and basked in the rain!

Elder Shira has been a huge blessing in my life! I am so thankful to have a companion that wants to work as hard as I do! We know there aren't always going to be good days but we are both going to push each other on the days we need it. We are going to work harder this transfer than I ever have and I'm so excited! As I look back on my mission the happiest I have been was when I was working as hard as I could. Being a missionary is so fun. I would be completely fine with life freezing right now!

Love and miss y'all!

Elder Brisk✌



Elder Shira and I


Random Pics



Missionary work is no fun if you're not soaking wet :)


Following Elder Choi's instructions from Conference!





No comments:

Post a Comment