Monday, November 30, 2015

Ice storm!

HELLER!

Yes I survived the Ice storm! If you didn't hear there was an ice storm then you have now! I even have pictures to prove it!

On Monday our Ward mission leader took us to this place called POPS. They have a bunch of different flavors of soda. They had things like cola, root beer, ranch dressing, sweet corn, grape, kitty piddle, etc. It was really fun!

Elisa Valdez is a 9 year old that we have been teaching and we have taught her all the lessons! She is going to be baptized on the 12th of December most likely and I'm so excited because I have taught Elisa from the get go! She was suppose to get baptized in October but we weren't able to teach her for a while because they had a lot on their plate.

We are also teaching another kid who is 10 and his name is Perry but he likes to be called PJ. He is on track to be baptized for the 12th of December as well! He really likes reading the little Book of Mormon story book we gave him. It is a lot easier for kids to read that instead of the real Book of Mormon. Plus the story book has pictures! So as of right now we have 2 baptisms for December

We taught our eternigator Terry Stephens. An eternigator is an investigator who has been studying with the missionaries for a long time and hasn't gotten baptized even though they have had all the lessons and what not. We read a chapter of the Book of Mormon with him and had a really good discussion about it. Then we asked him if he believed Joseph Smith was a prophet and he said he thinks he is. I read one of my favorite quotes from President Ezra Taft Benson. it says, "If the Book of Mormon is true, then Jesus is the Christ, Joseph Smith was his prophet, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true, and it is being led today by a prophet receiving revelation." I love that quote so much. So then I started going over the baptismal interview questions with him because I know he is ready to make that commitment and when I asked him if he believes that Joseph Smith was a prophet he said YES! He changed from "I think so" to "YES!" in 1 minute. The spirit is so powerful! He is going to be baptized soon!! I just know it!

We were able to see Ray and Yesika Cordier, The family we had at church last week, and we read the Book of Mormon with them. They came to church again Sunday and they loved it just like the first time! They are golden. I can't believe how prepared they were for us. Sometimes we just have to be diligent in our finding efforts.

The Church has released a new Christmas Initiative video for this year. It is titled "A Savior is Born" You can find it by going to: Also watch last years video titled "He is the Gift"


I want everyone who reads this letter to watch that video! There is no denying that you can feel the spirit when you watch that video. After you watch the video I want you to email me the thoughts and feelings you had while you watched that video! I love that video so much and I know that you guys will as well! 

I am so thankful for our Savior Jesus Christ. He atoned for ALL the sins of mankind so that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father. Remember Jesus Christ and what He has done for you during this Christmas Season.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Stay warm!

Sincerely, Elder Brisk

That is all.
 
 
 
"Will you accept this rose?" Bachelor/Bachelorette
 
 
 ICE STORMS ARE SO COOL!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We had a crazy fun Thanksgiving!

 
 
We had so much fun at Pops!

 
 That is us trying to take a picture that looks like we are drinking
out of the giant soda sculpture!



 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment