Monday, June 26, 2017

Hard Transfer...goodbye Elder Shira.

Heller!

I literally have like 5 weeks left? Where has the time gone? This will be a bittersweet transfer.

Transfers were so hard! I had to say goodbye to a lot of my friends because I probably won't see them for a long time. It was hard saying goodbye to Elder Shira. We worked so hard and had so much fun but he is needed in Seminole. So thankful for the opportunity to serve with him! 

Kelvin is doing great! He is also becoming more and more social as we meet with him which is a blessing! He always asks about baptism! He is at the end of 2 Nephi. We just read some throw down chapters with him and he loved it! Haha he knows what the scriptures actually say. We are having a hard time getting him to come to church but I felt impressed to not push it on him. He will come when he is ready :)

We have met with Mandy a few times and she is doing better. She knows she needs to read the Book of Mormon and come to church but she is having a hard time doing that with sick kids. We taught her about the Godhead and she believes it! We read Alma ch. 22 and she understood all of it! She was so excited/shocked about it!

We went to the OU Medical Center to give a blessing with Brother Lojka. The name sounded familiar and when we got there I recognized her! Her name is Luann Haddon. Elder Shira and I gave her a blessing a while ago. She is going through stage 4 cancer. We gave her a blessing and afterwards I asked if she was a member and she said no! She has never really heard about the church. So we told her about the Book of Mormon and how it was a history of her ancestors, she instantly fell in love with it! As we left I watched her as I closed the door and I saw how peaceful she was. She felt the spirit in that blessing and the Book of Mormon. They way she was holding it and looked at it I knew she was going to read it. It meant a lot to me to see that..

I am so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know God lives, I know Christ lives and I know they love me too.

Also our p day next week will be July 4th instead of the 3rd.

Love Elder Brisk
That is all.




 The last pics of Elder Shira and I 🙁








New Companion Elder Hansen


Transfers




New District

Elder Davis and I are in the same district now!!








No comments:

Post a Comment