Monday, June 19, 2017

Serving a mission has been the best experience of my life and definitely the best choice I have ever made.

Heller.

Well we received transfer calls. On Wednesday Elder Shira will be getting transferred to Seminole, Oklahoma. We were hoping to have one more transfer together but sometimes our will doesn't match the Lord's will. I have loved serving with Elder Shira. Him and I are brothers so keep him in your prayers for me :)

My new companion will be Elder Hansen. He has only been out for 12 weeks so I will be his 2nd companion. I will have 6 weeks to teach him how to not only take over 1 area but 2! Should be an interesting transfer.

This week the Oklahoma Oklahoma City Mission had its Bi-annual apartment cleaning day. Elder Shira and I got to see how disgusting our apartment actually was. Let's just say our tub/shower actually is white and shines!!...

We had exchanges with Elder Jeffs and Elder Holcomb as well. Elder Jeffs and I rode the bus to the City. We didn't really do anything we planned to do because we were talking to a lot of people and actually found a family moving into a new house so we helped them unload. Elder Jeffs and I both agreed that we had never been so sweaty after all our time in Oklahoma. We are also confident we had angels carrying us up the steep grassy hill to the house. They family was super nice and very interested in us coming back to talk with them about what we believe!

Elder Shira and I have gotten 5 new investigators since Friday.
1. Hayden Holmes: He was being taught in the 4th ward when I first got here but we could never meet with him, he got married and we lost contact with him. He texted us and wanted to meet so we taught him about grace on Friday morning and he is super solid!!
2&3. Kimiko and Donna: We visited them with Bishop Gustin of the 2nd ward. They have lots to learn but are open to learning more about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
4. Osa Jones: She is a super old lady and we sat outside her glass screen door for 10 minutes as she tried to unlock it. We eventually got to go through the garage and fix it for her. She is also interested in getting a large print Book of Mormon.
5. Latonya: She requested a bible and when we delivered it she was a little uneasy but we introduced the Book of Mormon and she practically threw the bible on the couch to get a copy of the Book of Mormon. We are seeing her along with hopefully everyone else but Hayden on Wednesday!

I can't believe I only have 6 weeks of my mission left. I'm not ready to come home! sorry mom. Serving a mission has been the best experience of my life and definitely the best choice I have ever made. This gospel is so true!! 

"Trust with the Lord in all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

I testify that Jesus is the Christ, He lives and loves us.

Love Elder Brisk 
That is all.




These are the only pics I have of us this week. 
Should have lots next week!!





No comments:

Post a Comment