Monday, September 19, 2016

"We all have a Testimony from the pre-existence, we just suffer from amnesia"

Heller!

Not sure if I am in Texas or Washington because it literally has rained all week!

This week we had our Zone Conference in Lawton. It was a lot of fun to see all my friends from the mission. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures...I have no idea why not??

We found some new people that we will hopefully be able to start teaching! We are excited to increase our teaching pool especially because Robert is getting baptized Saturday..

ROBERT GOMEZ IS GETTING BAPTIZED! I love Robert! He is so cool. He is one of the most humble guys I know. His neighbor was somehow in need of food, water, and other things. He does't have much but he did everything he could to help her out. The amount of love he has for others is incredible! We will be holding his baptism service on Saturday at 11 AM and his wife, Sister Gomez, will be giving the talk on baptism. She keeps trying to make us do it but I know she will do awesome at it! plus Robert won't let her pawn it off on us :)

So a member told us to see this random guy chilling outside her house. We talked with him and he said he believes in the priesthood and Joseph Smith and all this stuff. He is just confused which church it is in. He is the Bishop at his church, the pillar of truth. We went to his house and when we walked in there was literally no furniture but a couch and a few chairs. Some random sketchy guy was sitting on the couch while we taught Robert. To make a long story short Robert and I began arguing for about 5-10 minutes and then when I gave up of trying to explain a principle to him I started bearing my testimony and he told me I was "just talking now" Elder Clarke decided to jump in and say something that stopped us bickering back and forth. I was literally about to take my tag off and destroy him. Good thing I have Elder Clarke with me! :)

We went to Seymour on Thursday and got to help this lady named Shana Thompson out. She was referred to us by a member in Wichita Falls and she is open to hearing our message! She is so cool! We are helping her turn a 3 story building into her photography studio and apartment. We are so excited to work with her! Unfortunately we didn't get to teach anyone else in Seymour because a severe storm came in out of nowhere and we had to get back to Vernon.

I was able to attend a Missionary Leadership Counsel meeting (MLC) this last Saturday. We had Elder Pearson from the quorum of the seventy there. I absolutely love Elder Pearson. He taught us through the Holy Ghost instead of his knowledge. I was able to receive a lot of revelation for how I can constantly improve. He talked about so many things with us but the best part was about testimonies and when he bore his. He said we all have a testimony from the Pre-existence, we just suffer from amnesia and can't remember because of the veil. I talk to many people each day and I know they all have a testimony. We just have to help them remember. I hope you will seek to regain the testimony you once had before coming to the earth. Share it will everyone and the Lord God will bless you.

Start preparing for General Conference! We are blessed to live in a day where we have a living prophet. His words are more important than the scriptures or passed prophets. Now is the time to start spiritually preparing to learn from the Brethren! I hope you're excited for Conference!!!! :)

Alright have a good week!

Love Elder Brisk ðŸ’™

That is all.


I freakin love Brother Logsdon ðŸ˜‚


Service in Seymour!!



I thought I left the slugs in Alva! :'(



This is the coolest sunrise of my entire mission!



This is the severe storm we had in Seymour...I didn't get my tornado though :(





WHAT!?!?!? ðŸ˜‚


Saw this on our way to Lawton!








No comments:

Post a Comment