Monday, July 11, 2016

I am getting transferred to VERNON TEXAS!

Heller Heller Heller Heller Heller Heller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The transfer information is in....

I am getting transferred to VERNON TEXAS! This means that I will have served in every state that our mission covers. By being in Alva I got to serve in Kansas and now I will be in Texas. It is every missionaries dream to serve in all 3 states. We call it being a Tri-Stater! I am so excited to go to Texas. No doubt I will miss Alva. The people here have become family to me. I will never forget this place. I grew so much as a missionary and saw so many miracles. I know without a doubt that I will be back to Alva someday :)

Elder Bills will be getting Elder Martinez.

My year mark is coming up on the 22nd of this month. Just in case you want to send me a year mark letter/package ;)

My new address is:
Elder Kyler Brisk
2214 Paradise St
Vernon, TX 76384

My first 4th of July on the mission was a blast! They had free food and games down at the park all day so of course Elder Bills and I took advantage of that. We were able to watch the fireworks with Isaac. Alva has some pretty cool fireworks. All the surrounding towns here have their fireworks on different days. That way you can watch fireworks and play games for like a week! It is pretty cool.

On Wednesday we went to Stillwater to meet President Mansell. He is super cool and I am so excited to serve with him. He actually served his mission in Oklahoma so he is excited to be back and serve here again :)

We had exchanges after meeting President Mansell. Elder Hansen and I had a great time! We were able to stop and see Gwenna. It was so good to be able to see her. I only wish that her and Tim would have gotten baptized but it will be a little while before they are ready unfortunately. Please continue to fast and pray for Tim and Gwenna Kimball. :)

On Friday we were with the Hollands in Waynoka. We were visiting a less active member and there was an earthquake! Something about me being in Waynoka brings earthquakes. Later that same day we were in Alva and there was an earthquake that lasted for 20-30 seconds. We later found out that it was a 4.0. I may have not seen a tornado but I sure have gotten my fair share of earthquakes!

We have been able to meet with Drexel more often recently. He is progressing slowly but surely. We had a great lesson with him and Brother Durrence. We talked about the Atonement and how it benefits him. Our main goal with Drexel is to help him know that God is our eternal Heavenly Father and that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, our Savior, and our Redeemer.

Knowing those 2 things are crucial! I invite you to study Alma chapter 18. As you study chapter 18 have a prayer in your heart to either know or confirm that you have a Heavenly Father. Reconfirming our testimonies is always a good thing. It helps us recognize what we KNOW rather than what we believe. I know that God lives. I know that we are all his children and he wants us to return to live with him again. DESIRE to receive exaltation. Never be content with where you are. Seek to constantly improve yourself and you will be able to receive the blessings that the Lord is just waiting to pour upon you!

Thank you for being the wonderful child of God you are. I love you and miss you!

Love Elder Brisk πŸ’™

That is all.



The District + Zone Leaders Elder Slack and Elder Mangum #Alvawood



​4th of July in Alva Oklahoma σΎ“¦



Eskimo Joe's! Best place to eat in Stillwater. We even got T-shirts :)




Coolest Rootbeer Floats EVER!!!! Thanks Zwiefelhofers!



Goodbye to the Pulver's, Green's, and the one and only Brother Durrence




Goodbye to Don, Tristain, and Gabe Harzman, The Johnson's, and the Hollands




No comments:

Post a Comment