Tuesday, January 19, 2016

I am getting Transferred!

HELLER!

I AM GETTING TRANSFERRED!

My new address is:
Elder Brisk
914 Flynn Street #2
Alva, Oklahoma 73717

I am getting transferred to Alva Oklahoma which is very small. It is the most Northwestern part of the mission. I cover a huge area and we even go into Kansas. I will get shipped out Wednesday at 10am. I am so excited! I will be in a trio (2 Companions), live in a trailer home, and we have a truck and I am senior companion so I get to be the driver!! I miss driving so much!

This week we taught a lady named Carletta Davis! We had an awesome lesson on the Restoration and she told us we enlighten her so much! She really enjoys having us over to talk about the gospel. She will definitely get baptized!

On Saturday we had Ray and Yesika Cordier's baptism! It was the best baptism ever! They got confirmed on Sunday and ever since they have been extremely happy and glowing! I am so thankful that I got to teach them from the beginning and help them work towards being baptized. Now Ray will hopefully be able to get the priesthood on Sunday and they can go do baptisms for the dead at the temple with the ward on Tuesday! I will most likely be able to go to the temple to support them!

On Friday I went on Exchanges with Elder Keller (one of my zone leaders) We had a really fun exchange and he helped me get everything setup for the baptism!

In 1 Nephi 10:18 it says; 

"For he is the same yesterday, today, and forever; and the way is prepared for all men from the foundation of the world, if it so be that they repent and come unto him."

I thought about how missionaries are always getting transferred around to different area's. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Just like Christ is the same his church is going to stay the same. We are all commanded to share the gospel with EVERYONE! 

I challenge everyone to share the gospel with a non member by sharing your testimony, using social media, giving out a Book of Mormon, referring someone to the missionaries, However you do it doesn't matter. Just know that you will be blessed for sharing the happiness the gospel bring with others.

I will email from Alva, Oklahoma next week! Stay warm and safe!

Sincerely, Elder Brisk

That is all.



These are the cutest twins ever! They let me show them a pamphlet about Jesus

Ray and Yesika are the Newest Members of the Oklahoma City 2nd Ward

My last P-Day in the City was the best P day ever! I beat everyone at bowling!



No comments:

Post a Comment