Sunday, August 21, 2016

I love going to the temple

HELLER!

We are finding new people to teach. We have been riding our bikes everyday

1. To save miles

2. Because we need a change in our teaching pool.

We found a guy named Robert Gates. He was pretty cool! We talked with him about well water. Here in Vernon people have a water well on their property and so they use that to water their lawn and what not. Apparently the city doesn't like you using the water for that. He told us that the water was cold and tasted a lot better than the city water as well. On my mission I have figured out that you NEVER drink tap water. Always make sure it is filtered! Anyway he let me fill up a water  bottle with some well water and it was nice and cold but still tasted a little nasty!

We also met with a couple named Bill and Gail Martin. Elder Clarke ALWAYS wants to knock doors when I absolutely do not want to. We had 20 minutes before our appointment and so we started knocking a few doors. We had a nice conversation with them and learned that the majority of Gail's fathers side of the family are members of the church. Apparently they have been in Vernon for 5 years and not 1 missionary has talked to them, let alone knocked on their door. Now they attend the First Baptist Church (Yes there is more than one kind of baptist church, there is also a Second Baptist Church) Bill is a devout member of 20 years so he is a little more hardhearted than Gail. We learned that Gail expects her daughter to get baptized and do her temple work for her when she passes but she asked about being married after this life. She said she had never gotten a satisfactory answer! Bill also admitted that the Mormon church has the strongest family values than any other church and no church will ever have family values like we do. We realized we were now 30 minutes late for our appointment so she said we could come back and talk to her another time!!

On Thursday we went to the Oklahoma City Temple. I love going to the temple. It is such a peaceful place where you can feel the Lord's love for you. If you have been to the temple you know what I am talking about. I am so thankful for the temple and for our Heavenly Father's plan for us. My hope for Gail is that she will be able to do her own temple work and not rely on her daughter to do it for her.

"Families can be together forever through Heavenly Father's plan." We should all have a goal to attend the temple. We cannot obtain eternal life without the blessings of the temple. We should strive to attend the temple as much as circumstances will allow us. Make a goal for yourself to either go to the temple for the first time or to go back. Start by talking with your bishop and he will help you get to where you WANT and NEED to be!

I had the opportunity to find a name from family search and do his temple work for him. It is an amazing feeling when we do temple work for those who have passed beyond the veil. The veil is so thin inside the temple and you can feel the presence of your loved ones around you.

I know this church is true, I love this gospel with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength. The gospel has brought a joy to my life that nothing of this world would ever be able to fill. I know who I am and I know God's plan for me. I know he loves us and wants us to return to live with him again. It is through our savior Jesus Christ's atonement that we are able to live in the presence of our Heavenly Father. This gospel will bless us in our lives and help us to reach the potential our Heavenly Father sees in us. 

Are you converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ? if so, How has it helped you in your life? If not, what are you doing to become converted?

Read the Book of Mormon, Pray, and attend church. I promise if you will apply those 3 things in your life you will be on the right path to being converted to the truth, The gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love and miss you all!!

Elder Brisk ðŸ’™



I love to see the temple :)







I got to be Ranger Brisk for a day! 
We helped out with Sister Lowery's Operation Back to School and taught the kids about Africa!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment